Friday 12 June 2009

I did it, I did it, I did it.


Well I haven't been this proud of myself in so long. Today I ran for 40 minutes, non stop and covered a distance of 3.79m which is 6.1k. My first running goal was 5k and so I have well and truly gone through that barrier. It was a beautiful morning out there at 5.15am and I just felt elated when I got home. I can't tell you how chuffed I am - believe me, the achievements I make it running far outway any figures on the scales. My next goal, of course, is 10K.

To add to the excitement I also took my Polar 7F Heart Rate Monitor out for a trial. It worked really well except that I was running in over 90% zone most of the time, which I shouldn't have been (and didn't feel like I was). When I go to the gym tonight I will ensure I keep in the 70% to 80% zone. I ready all about heart rate zones on a new website I found called 'Brian Mac Sports Coach' - see my list on the left. It was very imformative and having read it through a couple of times I understand it and can now put this information to use in my gym programme.

Did I mention I was excited today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment