Monday 22 June 2009

Adding a bit to my 'Abs' workout.

I tried to move my weight schedule on a bit this weekend. I upped a few of my weights but also - shame, shame - had to decrease the weights for my shoulder press - I just couldn't lift it without seriously loosing form and arching my back. I was about to give it up, on Thursday, and go home v disappointed (I HATE not completing things) when Trainer Terry arrived - I didn't even let him get his jacket off and I hot footed it over to the 'coach stand' and asked him to help. He said I should bring the weights down, even use a 'naked' bar and then build up. I felt better and decided to have a go at the weenkend.

Its been a funny old weekend. I couldn't do my Saturday weights session due to work so I had to do it on Sunday. Being such an 'anally retentive' person, I felt 'all over the place'. Used Saturday as a rest day instead, as I don't get enough of these. The gym was empty at 7.30 on Sunday morning so I took the opportunity to try out a couple of new exercises. My routine went as follows:

Warm Up
Cross trainer - 15 minutes forwards
Weights
Squats - 25kg bar - 1 set (3 x 10 reps)
Flat dumb bell press - 10kg dumb bells - 1 set (3 x 10 reps)
Deadlift - 22kg bar - 1 set (3 x 10 reps)
Shoulder press - 5kg bar - 1 set (6 x 5 reps)
Crunch/Leg raises - body weight - 1 set (3 x 10 reps)
Bicep Curl - 6kg dumb bells - 1 set (6 x 5 reps)
Inclined situp - body weight - 1 set (3 x 10 reps) *new*
Lat pull down - 30kg - 1 set (6 x 5 reps)
Leg raises - body weight - 1 set (3 x 5 reps) *new*
(Lat pull down and leg raises done as a mini-circuit)
Seated cable row - 22kg - 1 set (3 x 10 reps)
Tricep pull down - 5kg - 1 set (6 x 5 reps)
Push ups (lady) - 1 set (3 x 10 reps) *new*
Cardio
Treadmill - 20 mins - 15 incline (heart rate 70%-80%)
Stairmaster - 20 mins - level 7 (heart rate 70%-80%)
Treadmaster - 20 mins - 4.5 (heart rate 70%-80%)

No comments:

Post a Comment