Friday 3 July 2009

Hello to the Bench Press and a 'naughty' flat stomach.

Well after struggling with the dumb bell bench press I have finally had some help by the saviour that is 'Trevor'. No, not Terry the Trainer, but Trevor the bodybuilder who works out at the gym A LOT!

Though I was doing the dumb bell bench press, my arms were like wobbly spaghetti and my form was RUBBISH. Trevor kindly pointed that out to me!

Yesterday he was there so I asked him to show me the bench press with a bar and it was fab. I had much better control and Trevor showed me the various hand positions and chest positions to really feel it working the chest. It was great. See here for an illustration.

Guilt

I did something I feel quite guilty about this morning. Today is 'Speach Day' at my school. For the first time I will be attending not only in a professional sense but as a proud Mum. My youngest daughter is picking up her GCSE certificate from last year's exams. I have a new dress (obviously) and it is very slimming but also quite clingy. Over the last couple of days I've felt a bit bloaty and I so wanted my stomach to be flat as a pancake today I didn't eat dinner last night so there is nothing much in my system to ruin my silhouette! Now I know how wrong this is (though I did have 2 protein shakes) but it is totally a one off. In fact, I'm now thinking, I can't believe I'm feeling guilty about not eating when I used to feel guilty about eating - how things have changed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment